I hate the feeling you get when your TBR keeps growing and you can’t seem to ever get through it, instead you just keep adding more and more books like a lunatic. Am I the only one? There are some books, however, that have been on my TBR pile for so long, I’m ashamed. And today I’ll tell you about them. Let’s get right into it!
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I’m currently reading Caraval and really loving it and I’ve been told that The Night Circus is so much better, so I’m braving myself to actually checking it out. I’m just very bad at reading hyped books because I’m afraid of disappointments. I’ve been let down too many times.
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson – And her other books besides Since You’ve Been Gone, which I enjoyed very much! I’m interested in this one particularly because it seems like very much fun! There’s a roadtrip, there’s love, there’s everything I need… And yet I haven’t read it yet. I’m despicable.
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – I really adore the covers from this series and when it first came out, I was very excited about it, but then I heard something about how there’s insta-love and the plot is pretty predictable. And I kind of put off reading this one. But I’ll try it at some point because I might end up enjoying it, after all…
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini – and everything else, his books seem to be very loved and I had many people that I trust, recommend those to me. It’s going to happen, people. I promise you!
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh – I can feel your judgmental stares. Yes, I haven’t read this book yet. I’m really sorry. I know everyone and their cat loves this duology. And I’m going to read it, at some point. For sure. It’s going to happen.
- The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson – Now, here’s a book/series where I actually have a reason for not reading it yet. Or not really. Anyway, I own the first book and I keep putting off reading it because it’s a huge thing! My edition is 800 pages long and while I read longer books, high fantasy is something challenging for me, anyway, because I need a lot of time to get into the story and my attention span is awful.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer – Do you hate me yet? I guess you do! I adore the idea of this one, fairy-tale retellings with such awesome twists as Marissa Meyer seemed to have. And I read reviews that mentioned the amazing banter between the characters and how it’s more of a big squad now. I really want to read it at some point.
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff – I have serious fears about this series because on one side, there are people who think this is a marvelous piece of art and then there are the people who completely hate it – especially the writing style. It’s a little bit stressful to know there seems to be no middle ground with this book.
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – There’s a little story for this one. Kendare Blake is one of the first authors I’ve read when I joined Goodreads (a.k.a the period when I became a very active, prolific reader). I’m very nostalgic when it comes to her Anna series, I can’t remember if it was really amazing or if I loved it only because I was just getting into the ya genre. I don’t want to know the answer to that question very much. But I know I’ll cave in and read this book because three queens, girl power, stuff. Yap.
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab – I need to finish this series already, I’ve read the first book a while ago and I kind of forgot many things about it and that’s why I haven’t read the second book yet. I’ll check a detalied summary soon and stop making excuses for myself.
That’s it for today’s post! What are some books that have been on your TBR since forever? Tell me below in the comments!