What is a beta reader?
A beta reader is a test reader of an unreleased work of literature or other writing, who gives feedback from the point of view of a reader to the author. The feedback is used by the writer to fix remaining issues with plot, pacing, and consistency.
Why should you hire me?
I’ve been reading and reviewing books for years now, therefore I think I can call myself an experienced reader at this point. I frequently review ARCs on this blog, reviews that you can check out if you want to know more about me and my identity as a reader/reviewer.
I’m highly organized, analytical, I have a keen eye for details and I’m very good at following guidelines and respecting deadlines.
I’m also very familiar with the Young Adult genre and its sub-genres (Contemporary, Fantasy, Mystery), Middle Grade & Adult, therefore my services are focused on the manuscripts that fall under those genres. But I will also consider most genres as I’m a very flexible reader and my tastes are quite varied.
I’m a Psychology student, if you’re writing a psychology non-fiction book and you’re looking for a beta-reader, you can contact me about your manuscript.
I’m also Romanian, so if you’re writing a book that includes Romanian rep, I can help you with getting it right.
What am I offering?
- Feedback on your manuscript: I’ll focus on the characters, the plot-lines, the world building, I’ll point out any inaccuracies that I can find in your manuscript and just give you my honest opinion as a reader.
- Comments in the Word document.
- Suggestions and possible improvements that you can make.
- If you want something very specific, we can discuss about it and settle whether I’m able to follow through or not.
- I won’t do proof-reading or ghost-writing, I’ll just focus on my job as a beta-reader. I’ll give you my constructive critique and after the job is done, you’ll have a honest opinion on your manuscript and you’ll have a clear image on how other readers might perceive your manuscript as well.
I will charge €1 for every 1000 words, which means €0.001 per word. I accept novels, novellas and short stories. I’ll try to get back to you in less than a month, it mostly depends on my life responsibilities, but I’ll make sure to give you a tentative date for when I’m going to finish the feedback.
If you need the feedback in a week, I’ll charge a rush fee of €10.
If you need it in less than a week, the fee is going to be of €20.
The payments will be made through Paypal only.
Marta’s feedback is a must for any aspiring writers. She writes feedback for every chapter, commenting on pacing, story, what works and what doesn’t. It is an overall very comprehensive feedback. She also let’s you know how the story is making her feel, a very important thing for most writers since our work is often geared towards eliciting an emotional response.
I was very satisfied with her work and will be making use of Marta’s services again. I cannot recommend her enough!
//Dan (co-creator, “Destiny” – destinytgn.com)
Marta’s feedback was insightful, genuine, yet kind. The turnaround was quick and communication clear. She gave her honest opinion on all the aspects of the book without shying away from the parts that might’ve not been her cup of tea. I would recommend her services to fellow writers.
– Elena Leman, author of a Romantic Fantasy novel
Do you want to work with me?
Contact me at email@example.com if you want to work with me or if you have any questions.
If you’ve already decided you want to work with me, then send me the blurb, the word count of your manuscript, the genre of your work, what are your expectations from our collaboration and a deadline if you require one.
I’m looking forward to working with you!