hey there, demons, it’s me ya girl!
Hello, darlings! I’m finally back and I know that technically it’s not June (Pride Month) anymore, but since I was on a hiatus and since I believe it’s always important to support and read lgbt+ books, I figured I’ll write this post anyway.
I’ll talk about books that I’ve read and books that are on my radar and that I hope to read soon. As always, I’m going to let you know which are the books that I’ve actually read and which are the ones that have been recommended to me by very trusted friends.
Let’s get right into it!
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – gay rep, m/m romance, lots of Oreo. This is a very cute contemporary book, it also has a movie adaptation that sadly I haven’t seen yet, but I plan on doing that soon. I would totally recommend it if you’re looking for an adorable romance or if you’re a fan of the pen pal trope.
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller – gay rep, m/m romance, mythology – my weakness. You probably know already that Miller’s books are my Achilles’ heel, therefore this book had to be on the list. Also, it was a much needed retelling of the Illiad.
- The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic – gay rep, possibly demi rep, m/m romance, sports. This series is so dear to me because it surprised me a great deal, I was meh about the first book and then I continued with the series because of the tumblr hype (thank you!) and I loved the second and third books in the series. Amazing. Be aware that this one can get pretty graphic with violence and deals with serious stuff like rape and drug abuse.
- Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann – asexual rep, biromantic rep, owns my heart now and forever. This one has the cutest romance ever, I love both Alice and Takumi so much!!! they are my babies forever. You can find my review here.
- I Was Born for This by Alice Oseman – gay rep, bi rep, I’m going to recommend this book to every living soul forever because it’s that good. It got bands, fandom, complex plots, lots of friendships and everything you need in a book basically. Haven’t you read it yet? What are you doing with your life??? You can find my review here.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid – bi rep, lesbian rep, f/f romance, gay side character, such a cool plot, i’m in love. This one broke my heart and probably it will break yours as well! It’s about an actress, her seven husbands and the huge question that plagues the press – “who was her true love?”. You can find my review here.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – gay rep, bi rep, m/m romance, I just love my kiddos, yet I still haven’t read the second book. But I’m going to read it and probably reread this one as well! Heist, amazing characters, i love my girls and my boys so much.
- The Brightsiders by Jen Wilde – bi rep, trans rep, band, lots of music and a great squad. I really liked this book. You can find my review here.
- Coffee Boy by Austin Chant – trans rep, bi rep, gay rep, m/m romance. This one is very short and sooo cute, I really loved it. I heard the author has another book out which is a retelling of Peter/Hook and I’m sooo interested in that one as well.
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake – bi rep, lesbian rep, f/f romance. This one was really cute, but also quite painful and frustrating to read because of a certain plot. You can find my review here.
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour – lesbian rep, f/f romance, movie industry. I loved this book, read it a while ago when it first came out and I super adored it. Would totally recommend it if you’re looking for a summer-y, cute romance.
- The Dark Wife by Sarah Diemer – lesbian rep, f/f romance, Hades/Persephone retelling. This one fell rather short on me, but I still liked it and lots of people adore it, so if you love mythology and the Hades/Persephone myth, this one might be totally for you. You can find my review here.
- Lambs Can Always Become Lions by Charlotte Anne Hamilton – lesbian rep, f/f romance, genderbent Robin Hood retelling. I absolutely loved this one, it was so creative and sooo good. I wish more people read it (actually I wish more people read more f/f books, in general, but that’s another discussion).
- Ripped Pages by M. Hollis – f/f romance, lesbian rep, Rapunzel retelling. Love, love this, it’s absolutely CUTE, YOU NEED IT IN YOUR LIFE.
LGBT+ BOOKS THAT I WANT TO READ
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee – gay rep, bi rep, m/m romance. I really liked Lee’s book on forgotten women from history and I’m curious about this one. I need to read it soon enough.
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth – f/f romance, has movie adaptation coming out soon and I need to read it this month probably. PLEASE TALK MORE ABOUT THIS BOOK BECAUSE IT SURELY DESERVES MORE HYPE. I mean, it’s a f/f movie adaptation coming up, it’s ya, hype it more, people.
- More Happy than Not, They Both Die at the End, History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera – m/m romance, I need to read all those books by Adam Silvera, I mean, I don’t know what I’m doing with my life anymore.
- Leah On the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli – f/f romance, heard mixed things about this one, but I’m still interested in reading it. We’ll see how it is.
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo – trans rep, I’ve heard only good things about this one and it looks great. It’s a high priority for me.
- Peter Darling by Austin Chant – m/m romance, Peter Pan/Captain Hook retelling, sounds amazing, super creative.
- Running with Lions by Julian Winters – m/m romance, sports romance, the cover is absolutely beautiful, I’m getting happy feels from it. It seems amazing.
What are your favourite lgbt+ reads?
Did you read any of those that are on my priority TBR? What did you think of them?