Happy Asian Pacific Heritage Month!
Hello, everyone! I think I haven’t done a recommendations post in a while and since it’s the Asian Pacific Heritage Month, well… I guess it’s high time I talk about books I’ve loved and books that I want to read that have been written by Asian authors. Seriously, so many goood books!!
Let’s jump into this post!
Books I’ve Read
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before trilogy by Jenny Han – I’m not sure whether I show my love for this series as often as I should, but Jenny Han is a queen of contemporary, in my opinion. Her books are so fluffy and they are books that I reach for when I’m down, when I’m happy, just whenever. Because they are that good. I highly recommend this trilogy and also the Summer trilogy.
I still have to read Burn for Burn, but I’m positive that’s a great series as well.
My review for the series is here (one of my first reviews ever, proceed with caution, also it has spoilers).
2. Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi – this is one of my most recent reads and it was soooo amazing. It talks of relationship in the virtual world, the internet era, but also so many other things like : pregnancy scares, college struggles, family issues. I absolutely loved it!
3. American Panda by Gloria Chao – what do you mean American Panda didn’t get the award for the most adorable, cutest book in the world??? Besides that, this is highly focused on family, college and it’s super relatable. Totally recommended.
My full review is here (it’s totally spoiler-less and more professional *wink*)
4. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng – this book really messed with my head in the worst kind of ways. There’re so many intricate things about the Lee family, so much mystery and I really liked it, but it was also super heart-breaking.
I’m a huge fan of this duology and I just can’t wait to read her latest one because her writing is so beautiful and her characters are lovely. I couldn’t not root for them in The Wrath and the Dawn. I also have reviews for both of these (I’m so resourceful in this post, I hope you notice that) : here and here.
6. Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav
If you like poetry, you might enjoy this little book of poems. I really loved it and while I read some more books from Leav, this one remains my favourite.
Books I Want To Read
1. Starfish by Akemi Dawn Brown
This one was almost the pick for The Cursed Book Club this month, I would have loved to read it because (1) the cover is gorgeous, (2) I’ve heard only great things about it, (3) the author seems so amazing (I know this isn’t a valid reason, but she’s so nice to everyone on Twitter, omg).
2. The Reader by Traci Chee
This one such a great premise and a cool title (I feel acknowledged), I really want to read it soon.
3. Want by Cindy Pon
I almost feel kind of bad at not having read this one yet considering how many people recommended it to me. Everyone says it’s super interesting and intriguing, so sign me up!!!
4. Anything by Marie Lu
I meaaaan. I owned Warcross for a year (probably) and I still haven’t touched that book mostly due to high expectations. I’ve heard so many amazing things about her series Legend and now I’m a bit intimidated because what if I don’t enjoy it???? I hate my reactions to hyped books.
5. The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo
I’ve heard that Maurene Goo’s books are adorable and fluffy and cute and that’s what I need all the time. So, I’m going to read this one soon enough.
What are some of your favourite books written by Asian authors?
Have you read any of those that are on my TBR pile? Which one would you recommend?