Hello, everyone!! If you read my earlier post of this month, you know that I have a book club now *still in shock*. This month we read Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. Now if you have read the book and want to discuss it, but aren’t an official part of the book club, you’re still invited to participate in the discussion if you want to. The more, the merrier. The reason for this book club is after all, to bond over books and our opinion and to meet more and more bookworms.
Warning : there will be spoilers in the comments!!! So, if you haven’t read the book, maybe don’t check that section.
Now I’m going to put here some questions that could guide the conversation, but you’re totally open to answer those questions or just discuss the book as you wish. This is a very liberal book club, ha!
Questions about your reading experience
- Did you like the book?
- What is your rating for it?
- Do you consider Stalking Jack The Ripper to be a strong debut?
- What are the best parts and the worst parts of the book in your opinion?
- What are your favourite characters from the book?
- What did you think of the romance? Did you feel any shippy feelings?
- What did you think of Audrey Rose as a heroine? Did you enjoy reading from her perspective?
- Did you think the book was well researched? Or didn’t you pay all that much attention to it?
- What are your favourite quotes?
- Did you like the setting of this book? Would you like to visit some places from the book?
- Are there any plot lines that you didn’t like, would have preferred to go in a different way?
- Were you familiar with Jack The Ripper prior to reading this book?
- Do you think this book stood up to the reputation of Jack The Ripper? Do you think it’s a great addition to the material (fictional and not) that is related to him or not so much?
- Were there any plot holes that left you confused and would love to be explained?
- Did this book remind you of any other book?
- Did you like the ending of the book? Would you change anything?
- Did you suspect who was responsible for the murders?
- Would you recommend the book to other readers?
- Are you going to read the sequel?
- What are your expectations for what’s next in this series?
I really hope you enjoyed reading Stalking Jack the Ripper this month and will join us in May for our next read.
Right now, we’re deciding whether to have a permanent Twitter chat for all of our reads or a monthly chat only with the people who want to read the book of the month. You can check #thecursedbookclub for updates on Twitter all the time.
Also, you’re most welcome to pingback your reviews to this discussion post!!
I hope you all have fun discussing this book and more to come! Can’t wait to hear all your thoughts ❤