I want to thank Lola @Lola et La Vie for nominating me for this award! I can’t wait to answer to her questions, remember to check her great blog!!
Now, let’s see what are the rules.
Rules for Accepting the Award:
- Write about it on your blog and thank the person who nominated you. Write a bit about their blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Nominate 5 or 10 blogs which you feel deserve it.
- Let the nominees know you nominated them.
- Don’t forget to create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they will know what to do. Once you are done, come back here and post the link so I can check your answers!
1. What is your one favourite book (no whole series, a single book!)?
I don’t do favourites. It’s disrespectful to my children. Sorry.
My favourite book might be The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski – which is the third book in The Winner’s Trilogy. I know many people thought the book was rather cliche and some even said it was the worst from the trilogy, but I really loved how everything came together and all those otp feels, I don’t know, man. I adored it.
2. What is the first book you remember loving as a child?
This is going to sound very nerd-ish, but when I was a child, I devoured mythology books – I’m so sad I didn’t know about Percy Jackson then – I usually kept to children’s books, I remember reading The Iliad, The Oddyssey and The Aeneid retold for children by a Romanian author, Alexandru Mitru (another Romanian author) also has two great volumes on Greek Legends, a volume is dedicated to heroes and another to gods, which I absolutely adored. All of these have a honorable place on my shelf.
I’m sure you expected Harry Potter, but sadly I’ve read it in my late teen years (I can hear you gasping from here, stop judging me, thanks!)
3. Do you have any pets? If so, do share!
(he’s better at posing than I am, I swear)
I think some of you might have seen him before on Twitter. His name is Olly and he’s 5 months old, he’s the cutest pet I’ve ever had. I hand feed him, he stays on my shoulder, gives me little kisses, but turns absolutely vicious whenever I give another budgie the little bit of attention (we call him The Prince™) .
Also, he makes me feel like a true pirate!!
4. Pink, purple or blue?
5. Favourite ever book cover?
Do you know I have a shelf on Goodreads called cover-lust, maybe check it out if you want to see some drop-dead gorgeous covers.
I’m currently reading To Kill a Kingdom and I’m very much into the pirates, Little Mermaid mood, soooo…
Isn’t this the most beautiful cover you’ve ever seen? Don’t lie. It’s absolutely flawless.
6. Is there a popular book you did not like?
One? Hahahaha. More like hundreds of them.
Queen of Shadows, The Sun is Also a Star (and I’m sad about it), Red Queen and City of Bones are among those. Neither of these worked for me and I couldn’t understand the hype around them. With the exception of The Sun is Also a Star where I really wanted to like the book, but the insta-love was too much for me. Sorry.
7. What is it you like most about blogging?
I think this question is very welcomed considering I’ve been somewhat struggling with blogging ever since my hiatus has been over. I’m a bit out of my reviewing game, out of my reading game, out of everything and I can see it and it bothers me because I absolutely adore blogging!!!
What I love the most about blogging is the people I’ve met along the way, I know some of you might roll your eyes at this, but it’s TRUE. I love the comments I receive on my posts, I love seeing people like my content enough to give me feedback, to follow me, to come back for more posts. I just adore all of you so much and I don’t think I say it enough. I’ve never felt like my voice mattered enough because sometimes, people underestimate me, they don’t care about what I have to say, they don’t think it’s important enough to listen.
But here, my voice is heard loudly and clearly. And that is what I like the best about blogging, that I can give my opinion without having to worry that I’ll be ignored.
8. Do you use Goodreads, and if so, how many books are on your Goodreads TBR?
That’s actually funny because Goodreads is currently having some issues and my shelves look like this :
So, apparently, I have 0 books on my TBR. I want to thank Goodreads and whatever update they are doing or error they have for helping me accomplish such a thing. I could have never done it without them.
But if my memory isn’t tricking me, I had around 516 books on my TBR. I cut off many of them, so the number of books I want to read would be similar to the one I have already read – which is like 496.
9. Fairies or unicorns?
10. Lord of the Rings or Jane Austen?
You know I promised I will stop talking every two seconds about Lord of the Rings, but you can’t trick fate. I didn’t ask the questions. You can blame it on Lola.
LOTR, always and forever. I love Jane Austen, but nothing will ever top LOTR for me. I’ve been a fan ever since I was 11 years old, I watched the movies at least 10 times each (I lost count, but I think I’m way past ten, at the moment). I’ve also watched the extended versions. I own the Evenstar necklace. I’ve read the books. I still have The Silmarillion, but I’m getting there.
I will stop screaming about how huge of a LOTR fan I am now. I expect you all to send your messages about how fed-up you are with this in the comments.
- What are your top 5 favourite blogs?
- What is your ultimate otp/favourite couple? (you can choose just one)
- What are three characters that you relate to?
- Which post are you most proud of writing?
- Female characters that everyone dislikes, but you absolutely love?
- What are some of your favourite tropes?
- If your shelves were endangered, what three books would you choose to save?
- What are some of your most anticipated releases of this year?
- What is your favourite adaptation? (can be either movie or tv show)
- What are some of your favourite standalones?
And I’m tagging :
- Marie @drizzleandhurricanebooks
- Ioana @dragonwaffles
- Kat @lifeandotherdisasters
- Karina @afirepages
- Andreea @cheekylines
- and any other person who is interested in doing this tag.
On a scale from 1 to 10000, how fed up are you with me for always fangirling about Lord of the Rings?
What are some of the popular books you didn’t enjoy?