Hello, everyone! I’m here with another challenge/readathon – this time it’s a year long one and it will probably be a huge challenge for me because I’m a huge procastinator. I was pretty undecided about whether to join Beat the Backlist or not because I’m very bad at reading books I should have read a while ago, especially if it’s for a game/challenge. My brain does funny stuff all the time. But then I thought – the whole thing sounds so fun, like a Harry Potter competition, do the thing, MARTAAA – and I also made a poll on Twitter and here I am.
The Rules :
The challenge will run from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. You have an ENTIRE YEAR to complete your goal!
Books must be released prior to 2018 to count for this challenge. Although we love new releases too, this isn’t the challenge for them.
So, I have to read as many books as possible, but without counting the 2018 releases. I have a huge TBR coming for me, I will chose some and you’ll have to cheer me on this crazy thing.
My TBR/Goal :
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
- The Novice by Taran Matharu
- Daughter of Burning City by Amanda Foody
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
- Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E.Schwab
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Lovers Like Us by Krista, Becca Ritchie
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
- The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
- The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
- Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Classics TBR :
- Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- Night by Elie Wiesel
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Richard III by William Shakespeare
- Metamorphoses by Ovid
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
My Goal : 40 books
That’s quite a lot considering the fact that I usually read 70-80 books per year, so at least, half of the books I read should be old releases in order for me to win this challenge. We shall see how it goes!
Have you joined Beat the Backlist? How many books have you set for your goal? What’s your team? Tell me everything!
P.S. : I’m with the Dewey Dragons.