This year was very important for me because I’ve finished (for the first time) the Harry Potter series. Are you shocked yet? Don’t ask me what I was waiting for because I truly don’t know. In honor of this important event, I want to give you some book recommendations based on Harry Potter houses.
1. Gryffindor – The Gryffindor house emphasises the traits of courage as well as “daring, nerve, and chivalry,” and thus its members are generally regarded as brave, though sometimes to the point of recklessness. They can also be short-tempered.
- The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
2. Slytherin – Slytherins tend to be ambitious, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented. They also have highly developed senses of self-preservation.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Vicious by Victoria Schwab
- All for the Game series by Nora Sakavic
3. Ravenclaw (hello, fellow ravenclaws *waves*) – Ravenclaw House prizes learning, wisdom, wit, and intellect in its members. Thus, many Ravenclaws tend to be academically motivated and talented students. Ravenclaws also pride themselves in being original in their ideas, and methods.
- The Winner’s trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
4. Hufflepuff – Students belonging to this house are known to be hard-working, friendly, loyal, honest and rather impartial. It may be that due to their values, Hufflepuffs are not as competitive as the other houses, and are more modest about their accomplishments.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series by Jenny Han
- Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index by Julie Israel
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keys
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
Hope you enjoy the recommendations! Have you read any of the books recommended for your house and if so, what do you think of them? I hope I didn’t fail miserably at this!